Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands, Outer Banks, North Carolina
This morning we pulled out of Frisco Campground and drove into Hatteras.


My wife was content to wait in the motor home, but I got out and walked around. I watched a Coast Guard ship pull in.

I checked out the beach. Notice the warning on the left about rip currents.




When it was time it was back to the ferry dock.

When the ferry arrived we squeezed our motor home on board. Notice I folded the side mirrors in. It was a tight fit.

Since it was going to be such a short trip we got out of our motor home and sat out on deck. We watched the scenery go by en route to Ocracoke Island. Such as a beach full of seagulls.

An SUV driving on the beach.

A ferry heading the other way.

Some people fishing on the very tip of the island.

Our wake.

Our first glimpse of Ocracoke Island.

A spit of sand loaded with birds.

Arriving at Ocracoke Island.

And into the harbor.

Once docked, it didn't take long to drive off the ferry onto Ocracoke Island.
Next Location - Ocracoke Campground, Outer Banks
No comments:
Post a Comment