Myrtle Beach State Park, South Carolina
After an enjoyable week, I and my wife drove off Oak Island heading west on Rte. 906, then turned southwest on Rte. 211. We then turned south on Hwy. 17. We pulled off at Calabash, a small fishing village just north of the South Carolina state line. We ate a delicious shrimp dinner. Their hush puppies were especially tasty. We also bought some fresh shrimp to fix later at our next campground.


After lunch we drove into South Carolina and set up camp in Myrtle Beach State Park for two days. It was larger and a bit more crowded than other campgrounds we had been to on this trip. But there was a good beach with a long pier.



As you can see in this picture, the park was on the edge of major development.

They had oversize chairs.


The park rangers said there were a lot of sharks swimming around the pier, but I never saw any.

There was a good boardwalk to stroll on.



I like these pictures. They show which way the wind blows - inland from the ocean.


One morning I was up for a good sunrise.



There were trails away from the beach to hike on.


We drove into Myrtle Beach one afternoon to walk around.

We found a good place to eat lunch. Seafood, of course.

It was fun to see, but I prefer camping in the state park. Even with the ghost crabs.

And giant spiders.

Next Location - Myrtle Beach 2
No comments:
Post a Comment