American Locations 3 – Babcock 2
The trip is from New River, West Virginia, to Stinking Creek, Tennessee, by way of Long Key, Florida.
Babcock State Park, West Virginia
On the second day I went on a 5-mile hike all over the park. I hiked up from the campground.
I found a pond.
I came across good overlooks such as this.
One part of the trail took me straight down the mountainside on steep stone steps.
Past an overhang where the trail had collapsed. You can see part of a railing on the ground.
So I had to scramble across on my own. The trail became a goat track across the face of a cliff.
I descended to the creek I had hiked along with my wife the day before, which led back to the campground.
Where I crashed at my site for the rest of the day and relaxed with a camp fire that evening.
Next Location – Occoneechee
No comments:
Post a Comment