Sunday, March 31, 2019

American Locations 7 – North River 2

The trip is from New River, West Virginia, to Stinking Creek, Tennessee, by way of Long Key, Florida. 

                        North River Campground, North Carolina

We took other drives while waiting out the hurricane. One was to Elizabeth City, which is on the Pasquotank River, which flows into Albemarle Sound. Notice the overcast skies. The winds were strong here this day, but not destructive.





Another day I took a hike for several miles into the North River Game Land. The campground host warned me black bears inhabited the area, but it was unlikely I’d encounter one unless I ventured off the trails deep into the wild land. I had no intention of doing that.









There were some large hawks flying around, but I never got a good shot of them.


After three days the hurricane passed. Luckily it had stayed out to sea and only grazed the Outer Banks. So when the authorities gave the all clear we packed up and continued our trip.

Next Location – Corolla, Outer Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment